Step by Step Saturday with Karola Witczak
Hello Glitzers!! It’s Karola here with new Saturday Step By Step post for you!
I really don’t know whether you can find something special, really magic at my works, I always think that the final effect (finished layout) presents everything. However for today I prepared the post about how to create the layout - step by step.
I hope that I will be able to encourage you to playing with my favorite techniques and effects – layering, fussy cutting and creating dimension.
So, lets’ start! Today we will working with one of the newest Cashmere Dame collection – it’s stunning!!
1. Prepare two papers which will be a background. I chose these papers.
2. Next cut one of papers in a half (6 x12 inches) and adhere it in onto the lower part of the layout. Prepare another one paper – if you like to create a “matting” of your background. I love this way, it’s seems to me that then the whole composition is close.
3. Ink the edges of your background and adhere it.
4. Cut out a few elements from papers. Fortunately the Cashmere Dame collection has quite a lot of elements perfect for fussy cutting we must use it! Then on the left side of your cut-outs put some 3d foam tape or 3d cubes… just something dimensional.
5. Using circle puncher cut out a few circles (2 “) from the same collection.
6. And then – using your favorite embossing folder and your die-cutting/embossing machine – emboss a pattern on the circles. Ink the edges.
7. Now we can finally start creating the arrangement on our page. I started with sticking two decorative borders in the middle of the layout.
8. Next I added photo (with matting), cut-outs and embossed circles. I always have a huge fun creating layers!
9. I found the piece of the turquoise tulle in my stash, it’s from the Dance In Sunshine collection. I decided to use it as the delicate background up to paper flowers.
10. It’s a high time for finishing touch. I added beautiful flowers, one more circle with journaling and some 3d paint dots.
And here is the FINAL EFFECT – “Dreamer” layout:
Glitz Design Product used:
- Glitz Design Cashmere Dame Papers: Gingham, Honeycomb, Chevron, Floral, Banner
- Glitz Design Beautiful Dreamer Title Stickers
- Glitz Design Dance In Sunshine Trim Pack
Thanks for visit us on Glitz Design blog today! Have a wonderfu weekend!!
~~ Karola ~~